Pretty Lady is feeling a bit Flustered! Not only has she been tagged with a blog meme, she has been tagged along with Susie Bright! She is not certain how she feels about this, but given Pretty Lady's skirting-the-edge-of-racy past, she supposes it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Anyhoo, on with the meme!
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight
things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged
and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re
tagged, and to read your blog.
Well, right from the get-go Pretty Lady is confounded, because all of her favorite people hate blog memes. Last time she tried to tag them, they all refused to play! Pretty Lady has always had an unfortunate affinity for the Jaded.
Plus, Pretty Lady's readers probably already know more than they care to about random, trivial aspects of Pretty Lady's life. Self-indulgence is Pretty Lady's middle name. She is about exhausted, coming up with witty notions regarding Self, phrasing them prettily enough so that their essential banality and lack of consequence is entertainingly disguised.
So, Pretty Lady shall exploit her family instead, since she is At Home.
1. Pretty Lady's paternal grandmother, the one she takes after, the one who would enter a party two hours late and realize that everyone in the room had been waiting for her arrival so that the party could Get Going, is named Mo. This stands for "Mary Olive." Her nickname as a child was "Soap." (Palm olive.)
2. Pretty Lady's second cousin once removed is named Spiro, and has written several novels which caused his parents to roll their eyes and consider disowning him; evidently, they contained Sex Scenes. The horror.
3. Pretty Lady's paternal grandfather's second cousin is Jimmy Stewart. Yes, that Jimmy Stewart.
4. Pretty Lady's maternal grandfather was a florist, and when he retired, at the age of seventy, he took up the art of Bonsai. To cultivate a genuine Bonsai takes twenty-five years, but Pretty Lady's grandfather took up this hobby in perfect confidence that he would live to see his Bonsai mature. He was correct in his confidence.
5. Pretty Lady's paternal great-grandfather contracted Consumption at the age of twenty-six, and was given six months to live. He went West, and died at the age of ninety-eight, of pneumonia contracted when he went up on the roof in a blizzard to hammer down that blasted shingle which was banging around.
6. Pretty Lady's Mommy is a classical pianist, a docent, an ornithologist, an amateur chef, speaks German, has been Chairman of more than one Board, and can confidently assume the baton when the choir director has to go play the organ. She and Daddy built a harpsichord while she was pregnant with Pretty Lady. She biked across Germany at the age of...well, she biked across Germany recently.
7. Pretty Lady's Daddy designed something which is still Top Secret, but we have a model of it on top of the bookshelf.
8. Pretty Lady's brother...well, Pretty Lady must respect somebody's privacy. Suffice it to say that all you ladies over thirty can eat your hearts out.
Yoo-hoo! You're it!